This is a work in progress!
Please check back for added information. Updated 07/19/2009
The JOHNSON line and affiliated families is a shared research
project with my mother, Andrea (Dee) Hood Bucha. Together we
have followed the trails and investigated family stories (one
of which turned out that what was believed to be the family dog's
gravesite was actually a son!) and someday will finish the family
story. Until then, it is a joint work in progress and any additional
information is welcome.
HELP! with THE THEORY for the next generation of Johnsons
Boughs and Branches: The following surnames represent a direct line descendency
- GENERATION 1: JOHNSON
- The Hubbard Johnson family begins in Ashe/Wilkes Co., NC. and moves to Overton Co., TN. Indirect branches include surnames Cooper, Curtis, Danner and Gaw. Hubbard's wife was Elizabeth Webb.
WEBB FAMILY WEAVINGS
- GENERATION 2:
- John W. Johnson moved the family from Overton Co., TN to Grayson Co., and Mason Co., TX. Indirect lines include the surnames Anderson, Burnett, Cooper, Looney and Splittgerber. John's wife was Louisa Terry THE TERRY FAMILY TAP ROOT. We are lucky enough to have a number of letters written by John following his move to Texas. John's Letters Home
- GENERATION 3:
- Jesse Lafayette Johnson's family lived and died in the area surrounding Mason Co., TX. His wife was Elrieda Auguste Katrine Splittgerber.
- GENERATION 4:
- George Washington Johnson stayed in Texas. He married Edna Leafy Sessom
SESSOM SETTLERS The Sessom/Sessums family settled in Hays Co., TX and Llano
Co., TX with affiliated lines throughout Texas counties. The Sessom line is full of Texas History . Branches
include BOREN Hudson, Jennings and Wood. In our research, we discovered quite a few Sessums that we feel may lead to our direct line.
- GENERATION 5:
- Imogene Johnson married Lewis Andrew Hood THE HOODS The Hood family ranges from Arkansas to Texas and New Mexico,
with a Simer(Picklesimer) branch. This line is difficult to track,
so not much information is available. (Under construction)
The ARBURN line and affiliated families research has been
a long, painstaking process done by my Mother-In-Law, Lavonne
Kennedy Bradfield, affectionately (and with much appreciation
for her help) dubbed by my Mother and I as "St. Lavonne,
Patron Saint of Genealogy"
SURNAME SEARCH (this site
- This site contains over 7200 names! The Rutledge line is
William Rutledge (1792-1867) but follows the Butler, Kennedy,
Dingess, Smith and Shely families from Ireland to the US.
- The Kennedy line begins with the earliest baptisms recorded
in 1798, in the Parish of Errigal, County of Londonderry, Northern
Ireland. There is extensive information here on the families
of Bann Valley.
- The Chadwick line begins in West Riding, Yorkshire, England
with the earliest appearances of Chadwick's about 1631. Other
surnames include Tattersfield and Breach. The Chadwicks lived
in the Parishes of Batley and Dewsbury, and this site contains
detailed information on these parishes.
- The Henry Bradshaw (?-1689) line begins in Early England
and moves through Canada. The Bradshaw name is one of the oldest
recorded families in Britain, preceding the Norman Conquest in
Haigh, Lancashire. (Under construction)
powered by FreeFind